Yet Massachusetts was the first state to legalize gay marriage, and Boston prides itself on its toleA decade later, same-sex marriage in Massachusetts
The President of the Massachusetts Senate controls the calling of a constitutional convention and its agenda. Opponents of gay and lesbian rights opposed any compromise with the SJC. In July , Massachusetts Citizens for Marriage announced a campaign to amend the State Constitution with language similar to Rogers' legislation,  called the "Protection of Marriage Amendment".
Especially those born Great gay people
- The issue before us today is whether legislators will follow the constitution.
- Limited or partial recognition. This amendment which was an appropriate measure or compromise a year ago, is no longer, I feel, a compromise today.
- On April 27, , President Dwight Eisenhower signed into law Executive Order , which banned populations that pose security risks to the nation from working for the federal government or any of its private contractors.
- November 21,
- Rather, it was that we were going to get massacred". America's Struggle for Same-Sex Marriage.
- Limited or partial recognition.
The Providence Journal. Constitutional Court of Austria. Archived from the original on 27 September Opponents conceded the race Thursday, while supporters declared victory a day earlier Opponents of same-sex marriage pledged to fight the outcome, but acknowledged that there appeared to be no immediate way to undo it.
Gay marriage upheld today.