Google has been slammed for a pray the gay away
A petition to remove the app, being dubbed the 'pray away the gay' app, has already been signed by more than 38, people. QDrops: This conspiracy app, still available in the Google Play Store, once published false claims about Hillary Clinton trafficking children from a Washington pizza shop. One article on the app suggests finding a counsellor who has a 'biblical understand that homosexuality is changeable through the power of Jesus Christ'.
The Living Hope Ministries app , which has already been banned by Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon, was still available in Google's Australian Play Store on Thursday despite a petition with more than 40, signatures calling for its removal.
Legalized gay marriage nationwide
- The Stonewall riot acquired symbolic significance for the gay rights movement and came to be seen as the opening of a new phase in the struggle for gay liberation. Archived from the original on 29 November
- Medical groups like the Australian Medical Association and the Royal Australasian College of Physicians have slammed gay conversion therapy. Most mental health professionals and the American Psychological Association consider reparative therapy discredited, but it is still practiced by some.
- Google is being urged to follow the lead of Apple, Microsoft and Amazon and remove the app.
- Retrieved April 9,
- London Bridge terror attack London Bridge partially re-opens after terror attack that killed two Cambridge graduates.
- Baby Shaker: Just what it sounds like, this app from Sikalosoft encouraged players to shake their iPhones until red Xs appeared over the eyes of the baby on screen and it stopped crying.
The study results were based solely on interviews with the patients and not on any objective observed results. Wikinews has related news: Dr. Chris, a survivor of conversion therapy, joined Andrews in calling for the Federal Government to outlaw conversion therapy, declaring that "praying the gay away nearly killed me.
Here is Sean Cormie's Facebook post , pasted without edits in entirety for those who don't use Facebook:. Gay Test: This "testing" app pretends to be a quiz but brands everyone homosexual unless they double-tap one part of the screen so users can be "the only hetrosexual in your group".